Saturday, November 10, 2018

Am I thinking about/calculating my TDEE correctly?

Hi, not sure where to post this so hopefully this is a good place.

So I’ve used the TDEE calculator online and gotten my numbers but I’ve also heard that TDEE pretty much changes every day if you aren’t consistent which I am not.

SO

It gave me my BMR as ~1700 calories. Which, as I understand it, is what my body burns just existing.

The rest of the calories are ones that I burn through movement. At sedentary my maintenance calories are ~2,000 which puts me at a ~1500 calorie deficit on my tracking apps.

But that’s below my BMR, which I heard is dangerous and has bad health side effects, so I would like to stop eating so little.

Which means I need to up my amount of exercise.

If I put that I am lightly active my calorie goal changes. My new number with a deficit is ~1900 and maintenance at ~2400. Which is a lot better and safer if I’m thinking about this the right way.

So in order to keep my maintenance calories at 2400, I need to burn 700 calories everyday through exercise and movement? Is that what is generally considered lightly active?

if I eat the 1900 calories and burn the 700 calories everyday will that work for weight loss?

And it doesn’t just equal me eating 1200 because I burned 700 of what I ate? (I’m really scared about eating below my BMR because I’ve been doing it for months when I shouldn’t have...)

I use Apple Watch (series 2) to track how many calories I burn throughout the day. Does anyone know how accurate the watch is? The last few days I’ve been burning 700+ according to the tracker. I’m just scared it’s wrong because I don’t really know how it works.

Bonus question about your opinions. What do you think about setting your calorie goal on an app like MFP to your maintenance calories and just being under that goal by around 500 calories everyday? So that way you can know exactly how much of a deficit you had and how much you can push it before leaving maintenance? Can’t decide if I like the sound of that better than just putting in my goal with the deficit already in it.

TL;DR:

  1. How many calories do I have to burn everyday through exercise if I need to eat 1700 calories to exist and want a deficit of at least 500?

  2. What range of calories burned a day is considered lightly active? Heavily active?

  3. How accurate is the Apple Watch when tracking active calories burned? How do fitness trackers like these work and know how much you burned?

Any help appreciated! Hopefully I’m not thinking about this completely wrong lol

submitted by /u/spicymamas
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Dcg9xE

No comments:

Post a Comment