Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Day 1 - Today (11/12/18) was the first time I stepped inside of a gym in two years. (Current pics inside)

Hiya, r/LoseIt! I'm here to introduce myself and shed a little light on the title of my post. As the title states, yes, it has been over two years since I stepped into a gym. While I did start my weight loss journey three years ago (2015), I stopped in 2016. It began when my dad was attempting to lose weight on his own. It motivated me to join him and support him as we were both obese (he was 390 and I was 345). As time passed towards 2016, we managed to lose 169 pounds together (he lost 104 lbs and I lost 65 lbs). However, nearing the middle of spring, my father passed away as he went into cardiac arrest. At the time, he was 47 years old and was at 280 lbs.

While I did try my best to focus on my own weight loss, it was incredibly difficult for me as I had lost the person that had been motivating me and I was motivating him. I managed to maintain my weight of 285 lbs for a year or so, despite not working out. I started to eat, as a way to cope with the loss of my dad. On his death bed, I promised to him (mostly for me) that I would continue and presevere. However, the guilt of not living up to that promise made me break down. I couldn't bear the thought of having my family relive that moment where my father passed away, except it would be me.

Which is why I decided that I was over it, and I wanted to do something about it. Today, I stepped back into the gym, ready to live up that promise for myself and actually get back on the right path. Currently, I am at 317 pounds. However, I don't plan on staying like this. Not anymore. I hope to make small changed here and there, mostly meeting feasible goals to keep up with the pace.

Thank you for hearing me out, and I hope you folks have a great evening!

submitted by /u/mafioso1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PpMGaM

No comments:

Post a Comment