Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Eating well until someone gifts me snacks... then I binge like a beast.... help

I have adopted a loose plant-based diet for a little less than a year now for weight loss, acne problems and digestion issues. Everything have been going well and I have lost 15 pounds, my skin cleared up a bit and my general health has improved. Coming from a background of eating disorder, this year has been the most successful year for me in a very long time in terms of eating and diet, but I am still struggling with controlling myself when it comes to snacks, or sweet food in particular. When I shop for my own groceries I always stay on track and I watch what I eat. I don't mind a little slip up sometimes - I take responsibilities of my own decisions and actions. However, when I am gifted food and snacks by friends, my lovely friends who are so sweet and would always offer me many gifts including food, I will be indulging all the sugar and carbs later that evening until only the crumbs are left. I simply do not have any self-control or will-power to NOT finish what is in the pantry. I feel like I have to finish it asap so that I don't have to think about it all day long, knowing that I am going to give in at any given moment until the kitchen is only left with the 'normal'/'healthy' food that I would normally eat for my meals. How can I go about this - how do I get rid of the mindset that I have to finish everything before I don't feel distracted by the food, and just eat like a normal person in general?

submitted by /u/iguanbananaa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OygbSm

No comments:

Post a Comment