Monday, November 12, 2018

Fasted Workout (pre/post workout meal)

Hi /r/loseit

I'm male, 30s, 100kg, main issue is visceral fat. I am on psychiatric medication that has the added benefit of suppressing my appetite all day. I do not take this for weight loss, but it's a welcome side effect.

I currently fast 20 hours a day (only have dinner), doing this 5 days a week for weight loss. I have no problem skipping breakfast and lunch (a black coffee does the trick), and then will have a highly nutritious dinner (huge salad, lots of legumes, a protein shake). 2 days a week I'm "off," but still only do brunch and dinner. I'm struggling to see results after 2 months.

So I'm adding a functional high-intensity workout - 3-4 times a week. This is a mix of body weight exercises, some cardio, some weights, and I do this in the afternoon - so right before I break my fast.

Should I be taking a protein shake 1-2 hours before the workout? Will working out fasted benefit me, or just make me less productive in the class? Note that the medication means I'm unlikely to feel a "crash" or low energy pre or mid-workout. I can (and have) completed heaps of workouts completely fasted, with no problems.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Footfile
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qITphg

No comments:

Post a Comment