Friday, November 2, 2018

Honest question - how does weight loss surgery (ie gastric bypass/sleeve) help in weight loss?

Kind of a redundant question as I'm a medical student and understand the science behind these procedures. But I sort of assumed they were mainly for candidates of large, large size. So I was shocked to see some users here were approved for the surgery/got the surgery when they were in the mid range 200's.

I'm on my weight loss journey at 5'4 and 269 pounds (from 280) I never once considered surgery, just thought I wasn't big enough to be qualified. All I gotta do is eat less, move more you know lol. So why how someone else at my weight and height or similar dimensions be aided in that type of procedure?

submitted by /u/kitcat992
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EWrSmg

No comments:

Post a Comment