Tuesday, November 13, 2018

How did you deal with the: "If I wanted to lose weight I could, it’s easy." mindset of others in your life?

I’ve lost weight over the last six months but really kicked my ass in the last month. I’ve dropped 40 pounds in total and 14 of those has been in the last three and a half weeks.

My mom has been overweight all my life. She gained weight while pregnant and never lost it again despite being skinny as a child/teenager/young adult. She, and my dad, set my sister and I up with some good eating habits and some really shitty ones.

My family has been really vocal and supportive of my weight loss and my mom jokes that she’s picking up the weight I’m losing. I know that until she’s ready she won’t lose weight. I also know that what she’s eating is why she’s put on a lot of weight in the last year or so. What I don’t know how to do is deal with her mindset of "it’s really easy to lose weight! If I wanted to I could totally lose it!".

I feel like I’m over reacting when I get annoyed at hearing things like this. Sure, CICO works, but it’s not that simple. I haven’t lost 14 pounds in the last three and a half weeks by just watching what I eat. I’ve spent an hour in the gym every single day. I kick my ass every single day. I’ve earned every damn pound I’ve lost and it hasn’t been easy. It hasn’t been a magical unicorn ride and I’m fine with that, that’s my consequence for being lazy and binge eating for years. It’s just irritating that people can be so supportive and then turn around and make it sound like it’s such an easy thing to do. Like we don’t all work our butts off.

How do you deal or respond to people like this?

submitted by /u/yeahnahhhyeah
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OFJoLh

No comments:

Post a Comment