Sunday, November 4, 2018

How do I do it? Advice and ideas appreciated

22F, 5'10"; SW: ~276 CW: 245 GW:165-175

So, my life is a living hell right now, giant move, lost my job, traumatic drawn-out breakup, the works. And with all that stress and depression, I've started losing weight in the unhealthy, "I'm not hungry, my life is pointless" way that I know many people do..

A couple years ago, I was fit. I've been overweight my entire life, but at the time, my lowest weight was about 189, but I went to the gym every day, weights and cardio for about 2 hours. Total gym rat status.

At that point I had a gym to go to, and I had time to go, or I was motivated enough to wake up at 3:30am to make time. Right now, I'm dropping weight from malnutrition and dehydration, but I'm hoping I can transfer this momentum into a healthy weight loss and an overall lifestyle change. I'm detoxed off of unhealthy foods and sugars and I feel like I'm a clean slate. Again, I have very little appetite at the moment, but I know I need to get calories in.

Things to note: I have chronic back pain and my hip flexors have been giving me issues. I have a bad "runners knee" as well that gets better as I build up my quads and hamstrings (from prior experience,) but I can blow out my knee fairly easily with overexertion.

I have an apartment gym that I have access to that has a few treadmills and ellipticals, a bike, a suspension bar and a pull down machine that does a bunch of things I have no clue how to use. My form with free weights is crap, as I'm used to having access to a multitude of machines--not an excuse, it's just making it hard for me to help myself.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts or ideas, thanks!

submitted by /u/heartbrokenbabygirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qtyxdD

No comments:

Post a Comment