Sunday, November 4, 2018

Noticing how differently people treated you after major weight loss.

*sorry if this is a little bit of a rant*

Over the past year and a half I have lost 100+ pounds and went from a size 24w to a 14 (so close to a 12) and if honestly is amazing how differently I am noticing I was treated at different sizes. When I was at my biggest I felt like a bloated freak and in a way I was almost invisible. Never in my life have I felt attractive, I was a fat kid that grew up into an obese teenager and went into young adulthood at almost 300. For the first time ever I am a normal person that blends into a crowd and I actually feel like I am happy in my own skin. Before I took the steps to leading healthier life and changing my relationship with food I always figured I was the fattest person in the room. In school I was bullied pretty badly and food was a comfort that I medicated/ soothed myself with. Now my life if completely different than it was a year ago and I find myself talking with more people. When you are big people tend to ignore you and will likely ignore you with some even making comments that shock me with how nasty they would be to a complete stranger. Maybe it's an observation at my part and I know it sounds cheesy but I always believe in treating people right. Seeing what a different a change in appearance can make is really odd.

submitted by /u/Prannke
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QiZR9W

No comments:

Post a Comment