Sunday, November 4, 2018

Has anybody here given sugar(read: fructose) alternatives like Stevia a try?

Consuming high amounts of fructose(something almost ubiquitous in western nations) can contribute to insulin resistance, liver damage, and most diabolically, making it harder to feel full or turn fat deposits into energy. Because my family can't escape a high-carb, high-sugar diet(father has Chron's disease), I've been considering branching out and getting some sugar substitutes for personal use to make weight loss and overall health a little better.

I know avoiding fructose or sucrose in prepackaged foods is nearly impossible, but swapping out sugar in stuff I make myself could make my health just that much better. I have a lot of sweetened tea, coffee, tomagoyaki, I like to glaze all my meats with sweeteners, etc. Always had a sweet tooth since I was a little kid.

I wanted to ask if anyone here has had success with non-fructosey sugar substitutes like Stevia, Erythritol, etc.

submitted by /u/MelodicCodes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RALpdp

No comments:

Post a Comment