Sunday, November 4, 2018

Hit a very special milestone today!

39/m here. On Memorial Day weekend (May 27) after hearing an elated friend speak of their weight loss, I decided I’d had enough of my lifestyle, threw on the closest things I had resembling gym clothes and took my 257lb self on a 2.5 mile walk through my neighborhood. I did the same each day after that and quickly established a 10,000+ steps per day walking routine, giving my feet calluses and blisters in the process. Three weeks later, realizing my steps weren’t enough to overcome my 3-4K calorie/day diet, I got an app and began following the 1,500 net calorie goal it set for me. No special diet, just counting calories. In early July I got a gym membership and started going twice a day most days, or once a day supplemented with walking at home. For my first 6-7 weeks at the gym I walked and did the occasional weight machine but as the pounds melted off I started adding more intense exercise. In early September I added running and can now run 5K in 29 minutes. Early last month I added hiking and biking to the mix!

Today is a special day. I stepped on the scale this morning and first the first time, it did not read 200-something. My new low weight: 199.4!

I have lost 8” in my waist and 2-3 shirt sizes. In September, with my clothes practically swimming on or falling off me, I gathered them up for donation and bought myself a new wardrobe consisting of all my favorite brands, most of which I hadn’t been able to wear for over 10 years. Additionally, I have cured my sleep apnea and now have a resting heart rate of 53 bpm! I have also increased my calorie limit by 400+ to account for my very active lifestyle! It was becoming clear that I needed the extra fuel for performance.

I love my new active, stylish lifestyle. I regularly get smiles from women and feel truly confident. I will never forget my beginnings or the hard work it took to get here and will respect my body from now on!

til;dr: 39/M, 5’8”, SW: 257, CW: 199.4, GW: 185 or better

submitted by /u/madegoodsquare
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Qf53vf

No comments:

Post a Comment