Saturday, November 10, 2018

I learned a lot about the benefits of walking more than the bare minimum (3.5 miles/5k a day for me) after finally getting a fitbit. Now I want some input on whether 5+ miles at once or spread out between several 1-2 mile walks throughout the day is more effective for weight loss?

My thought process is that it would be better for weight loss and easing my severe anxiety due to raising my heart rate regularly and for longer times throughout each day, which would make me more tired by the end of the day, which always helps ease my anxiety and panic attacks.

I lost my job recently due to my anxiety, so I've got nothing more productive to do than exercise and improve myself. I also just moved to my current location two months ago or so, and I found a lovely sidewalk through the hilly woods the day after my discharge. Perfect for a relaxing walk for me and plenty of things for my dog to sniff, pee, and poop on! :) I totally wouldn't mind going on three long walks down and back on that trail 2-4 times a day!

Thanks for looking!

submitted by /u/holographicbiologist
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PjdU2O

No comments:

Post a Comment