Monday, November 19, 2018

I screwed up today - 1300 cals over

Been maintaining a 35 pound weight loss for around 2 years now. About a month ago I decided to actually commit to losing the last 10 pounds in preparation for my vacation in January. I've actually been doing pretty good, for the most part. I'm 4 pounds away from my goal and losing weight pretty steady at 2 pounds a week, although I only aim for a 1lb loss per week. I think I'm more active than I give myself credit for.

Anyway, I went out with some friends tonight and probably set myself up for failure by eating all of my calories for the day before I went. The thing is, well....I can't say no to desserts. I just can't, sue me. I ended up going a good 1300 calories over my limit. That's literally more calories than I eat in an entire day (I'm short and sedentary so I stick to 1200 usually).

I just feel shitty about it. I usually go over by 100-200 one or two days a week but it's easier to brush those off by saying "it's okay, tomorrow is a new day you'll just do better tomorrow." But 1300 is a lottttttt. Enough to screw up my goal for the week. I don't know, I hate feeling guilty about food. In some ways weight loss has improved my relationship with food. I'm a lot more conscious of overeating and getting proper nutrition than I ever was when I was overweight. But I think I've also become a little obsessed with the number on the scale, which obviously isn't a super healthy mindset.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest. If there's anyone who can relate to my plight, I know it's you folks.

submitted by /u/_thatlldo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2S3RX4G

No comments:

Post a Comment