Monday, November 19, 2018

Is anyone else’s Why for their mental health?

I know that losing weight and exercising helps me feel happiness (exercising gives off endorphins and happy people don’t kill their husbands, they just don’t) because it’s worked in the past rather remarkably. The last 4-odd years have been some of the worst for me mentally speaking, with ptsd, depression, and anxiety that alone has reached the highest I’ve ever had plus the highest that my psychiatrist (who does therapy too) has ever seen lol. Go me.

So I decided after sustaining a minor knee injury that’s not going away, to join weight watchers because I’ve had great success before and they teach the basics in a way I can understand and follow easily. So far, almost 2 months later, I’ve lost 21 pounds. Knee still hurts but I’m 279 pounds so that’s not shocking.

So I guess what I’m asking is for those of you that are doing your weight loss for your mental health, or if you have sound advise, how do you keep eating when you’re not hungry but are at a huge calorie deficit (with a lot of points left)? How do you push your mental health thoughts of ‘nah I can’t be bothered to do x’ and go for that walk or go to the gym or meal prep or throw all those ingredients into the crockpot and turn it on or maybe just the act of going to the grocery store? I feel like I’m battling two wars at once: weight loss and climbing out of mental hell.

I’ve already quit drinking and quit smoking weed. I have a buddy system in weight watchers with my mom whom I live with right now. I have the capability and means to do everything I need to, but the energy is lacking. If I just get moving, I have hope that it’ll come back, but it’s just a cycle of excuses. At this point idk if saying it’s because of the mental health is just an excuse too or not.

TLDR I have ptsd, severe anxiety, and depression that are making it hard to get moving or eat or go grocery shopping or cook ahead let alone for the meal at the time. How can I get past the thoughts of ‘I can’t be bothered to x’ (do those) or ‘I have no energy to do x’ (do those)?

HW: 316 SW: 300 CW: 279 GW: 155 Height: 5’10 Female

submitted by /u/SavorySausages
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KibBan

No comments:

Post a Comment