Thursday, November 15, 2018

I want to lose weight but I can't count calories

CW - eating disorder

female, 5'6", 155 lbs

I had a very severe eating disorder for almost 6 years, and have been in recovery for the past 3. However, during this time, due to medications and other mental health issues, I've gained about 20 pounds. I feel that I would be much happier if I lost the weight, though I am not inherently unhappy at this weight (so it feels different than ED motivated weight loss desires to me).

However, counting calories is very triggering for me, and all of my weight loss attempts that included calorie counting ended in me having to give up weight loss and take a step back in my recovery, either gaining the weight back or stagnated at a minimal weight loss. I eat extremely healthy (as validated by a doctor, not just personal opinion), so I'm not sure how to lose this weight without counting calories. I run every other day and am very active in general.

Any advice/similar experiences?

submitted by /u/glyndwr67
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Pwhw1x

No comments:

Post a Comment