Thursday, November 1, 2018

Let's make some abs (Diet review)

So I've been struggling to lose weight for a while now and for about the past 8 months or so progress has been really slow. Everytime I make a step forward, I end up another step back somewhere else. Now, there's always things I can't control and that's part of life but I want to review some of the things I can control. So I'd like to hear some areas I can move some things around, make some tweaks and continue pushing forward.

Current stats:

Age: 31

Height: 6'1

Weight: 225-230

Goal Weight: 187

Activity Level: Sedentary

Gym Level: 3 days week (Lower Body, Upper Body, Conditioning)

11AM: 1/2 cup Oatmeal (bobs red mill old fashioned) 32g Peanut Butter (Kirkland Signature)

2PM: 2 Hard Boiled Eggs

4PM: RX Bar

5PM: Handful of cherry tomatoes or an RX Bar or another Hard Boiled Egg, Skyr (One of these, not all)

7PM: ~16oz Chicken Breast, 6-8oz of basmati rice, depending on hunger levels

That's a pretty ordinary day for me. I try to keep that most days and that should give me a large enough deficit to lose weight.

I've played with a TDEE calculator before and that says my daily caloric need should be around 2300 for maintenance. Last time I went over 2k I literally start gaining 1 lbs per day. Honestly, the biggest boon to my weight loss was going to burning man, where I put my diet on hold and ate whatever I wanted because I figured surviving was more important. So ate everything I wanted for 10 days and lost 10 pounds. That's how I ended up at 225.

So any thoughts to help improve this? I'd really like to hit my goal weight before next summer.

submitted by /u/ghostoutlaw
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Jwtv97

No comments:

Post a Comment