Friday, November 9, 2018

My father seems to think my weight loss is his accomplishment... and I hate it...

I have lost a bunch of weight since July and my father keeps telling me, that he had told me to stop overeating earlier this year. And it's really bothering me. It feels like he either thinks that he was right and me being happier and healthier is a confirmation of that or that it's even something he had a positive influence on.

The truth is as long as I know him he has been gaining and losing constantly 20kg, my whole life he was overeating and than reducing in quite unhealthy ways. He starved, he took appetite suppressants, he even wanted me to take those. It wasn't a good relationship between us my whole childhood. My parents are divorced and I was happy about it. I would consider him more a root cause for my unhealthy relationship with food than anything else. My sister is obese, too. When he told me that I shouldn't eat so much we were visiting him and if we are honest he was just upset that I took the last dish because he wanted it. It was so ridiculous. He eats at least 4 or 5 pieces of cake whenever we visit.

I don't like that he thinks that he is right in any way or has accomplished anything. It's my battle, I am the one fighting it - despise my upbringing, despite him, not because of him.

He now wants to "educate" my sister. I told him that, even though I'm worried about her, too, he has no saying in her lifestyle anymore and that it will if anything make her more hesitant to change something. As we all know the motivation has to come from within and that just isn't the case with her. And I'm quite sure it will hurt her if he talks to her as it hurt me when he did.

Does that make any sense?

submitted by /u/majorburden
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JTIvhe

No comments:

Post a Comment