Saturday, November 24, 2018

Need Some Advice Please

I have a really hard time getting motivated and staying motivated. For a while now I have wanted to lose weight in order to feel better about myself and to look better. There was a short period in high school where I lost a lot of weight and felt good about myself. It was accidentally caused by a complete 180 in my eating habits to where I wasn't hungry most of the time and only ate dinner. I attribute this depression but not realizing I was depressed.

Fast forward 4 years and here I am 60lbs heavier than I was in high school and feeling awful. I have been away at university and gained nearly 20lbs since starting this semester (transferred to a new school and am doing pretty good with grades). I have been trying to get motivated to go to the gym with my roommate but have only been there once the 3 months I've been at school. Honestly, I am embarrassed to go by myself and don't know where to start, its not a lack of time to be able to go. I also have wanted to start eating better but it is really hard to eat healthy at school.

This is not helped by the fact that I have social anxiety that strikes at the worst moments and depression. I have re downloaded lose it onto my phone, which I used before in high school to lose weight. This summer, while I was working, I managed to get somewhat motivated and started to intermittently fast which helped me lose some weight but all that was lost once school started.

So I would really appreciate some advice on what to do to help me get started in getting serious about weight loss? If it helps I am 5'6" and 198 according to my scale at home, though my family has told me its "broken" . Right now my goal wieght is 140lbs and I would really like to get into a workout routine, as well as eat a lot less and better. I'm thinking that once I come home offically for break that I start waking up at the same time on the week days to walk with the dog and maybe work myself up to jogging and then to running. I want to try to get this routine down then so that once next semester starts I can continue it then. My concern is that I'm saying and thinking these things but wont commit and will just remain unhappy and feeling awful about myself.

I know that I need to start slow but any advice is very much appreciated, thank you!

submitted by /u/shitswordmcnotbow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2r4epz5

No comments:

Post a Comment