Friday, November 23, 2018

Question about flat stomachs: If you didn't/don't have one, would you be more focused on achieving that goal before gaining muscle and filling out your frame?

Simple question. I'd love to hear your opinions, especially from those who do have a flat stomach, and even more especially I'd love to hear from those who didn't always have flat stomachs and have since achieved that goal. I have a feeling once I obtain this goal, my first and foremost, will be to keep my flat stomach above all else. I'm trying to meditate on my goals for the next 3 months and how I want them to play out.

The reasons for this 3 month focus is twofold. 1. I do better when I have goals that follow the S.M.A.R.T. guidelines and 2. I'm going back to school at that time. I've had my eyes set on losing 165 lbs before going back to school, and I'm less than 25 lbs away from that now. It would mean a lot to achieve that goal and head back to school with that confidence; with the confidence to make it to classes and not be in a puddle of sweat like I was 140 lbs ago, and the confidence of having something I've never had... a visible 6 pack. I'm working pretty hard, I've moved up to 75lbs dumbbell decline bench crunches, and my diet is on point. Ketosis, 20:4 fasting most days, hitting my macros such that I've gained strength all throughout the past 11 months where I've lost 140 lbs, I'm not doing bad. My only reservation is that I have gained quite a bit of muscle, I fill out my frame like I did when I was 18, and I'm afraid if I focus too heavily on weight loss I might not retain as much of that muscle as I could while still obtaining my fat-loss results.

submitted by /u/Brockelley
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qZMgt2

No comments:

Post a Comment