Friday, November 2, 2018

Sick Liver nad weight loss, My short story.

Hello all!

Maybe I'll start from the beginning.

So I'm 31 year old dude 186cm (6'1) in height and Six months ago I weighed 122kg (268.96lbs), around April, I decided to do something with my life (it's not about losing weight, not yet) and change jobs. It so happened that I got a job offer in a factory (hard work but they pay 3x more). In any case, I am recruited and get a medical examination.

And here the problem started, my ALT (Alanine Aminotransferase) results exceeded the norm four times. The doctor and nurse were terrified and ordered me to go immediately to the family doctor to have him do further tests. They suspected a problem with the liver. That's what I did, I went to the doctor who ordered tests for liver tests etc. The results were... bad, suspicion of hepatitis C, but they did not exclude or confirm anything unambiguously.

I was to wait for the next examination.... Until November. There is no way that I would wait so long, so I went to do the test privately I spent about 45Euro for an RNA HCV test's. The result was positive for HCV, I probably got infected at the dentist, at least I suspect so.

So having these results I went to the hospital for an infectious ward where they examined me from A to Z. I confirmed previous tests, HCV genotype 3a. After an interview with the head of the hospital he decided to put me on the list for Epclusa treatment. In addition, the doctors pointed out to me that I was obese and my liver was F1 fibrosis (low) and S3 steatosis (very high).

So I only had to wait for the start of treatment and do something with this obesity.

I started with a liver diet, I ate only easily digestible food (vegetables and white meat only and only cooked). After starting to take the drug (3 packs of 28 tablets for about 3 months) I lost some 2kg - it was not enough to think. So I decided to buy a treadmill and start working on it.

It's been 6 months since I received HCV treatment - the virus is no longer present in my body and all the results are normal. As far as weight is concerned, I lost weight from 122kg (268.96lbs) to 98kg (216.05lbs) and I run 4km every day and feel fucking great.

I never believed that I would start wearing clothes of size L (previously XXXL) again. I only regret that I had to come to such a situation that I would finally move my lazy ass.

So yeah, guess that's it for now I'm still exercising trying to reach 90kg (198lbs).

Take care, and loseit!

submitted by /u/PanNasienie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JB7kyk

No comments:

Post a Comment