Thursday, November 15, 2018

Started to change my life a week ago - am I doing this completely wrong?

And I kinda know the answer. I woke up a little over a week ago and had enough. After years of being extremely unhealthy, lazy and not giving a fuck, I decided enough is enough. It began this summer where I really started to walk a lot, and despite that I still ate the "late night"-McDonalds or drank a lot of soda. I assume, since I can see that due to my height and weight, I need around 3000 calories, that I kinda maintained, kinda not, since I ate and drank all that crap.

Since tuesday last week, I've been drinking a bit of milk, and a LOT of water. Actually, it has helped me a lot. I tend to go less frequent to the bathroom and I have been sleeping a lot better. According to Samsung Health, I have slept 7 hrs 40 mins daily compared to 5 hrs 50 mins the weeks prior. Maybe it's just placebo, again i have no clue.

I've been IF'ing (Intimitient Fasting) and I have a 2 hours window, mostly around dinner time where I eat. I've been having small portions, and been eating better in terms of not filling it with crap that is bad for your body, but vegetables. I told someone about IF, and was told it was bad and stupid. But to be honest, I never eat breakfast. I often ate some frozen, processed crap for lunch, a big dinner and snacks at night, but after switching over to only eating dinner, I feel fine. I don't feel dizzy, I can concentrate and i feel fine.

Here's the problem, I THINK. First of all, I've been having issues eating. I don't know if its my head that is messed up. I read a lot about weight loss, and I talked to some people about what I do, and I never seem to figure out if i am doing this right or wrong. But i have been eating around 1000 calories each day, at max. THIS is a problem, as far as i can tell. But i feel so bad when I crave some fast frozen procssed lasagna or a piece of something something.... I have been eating a bit of fruit during the day, and some some rye bread.

I am having difficulties counting calories, but i think i've gotten the hang of it. And i'm not bullshitting the numbers. I have eaten a lot less. I don't feel different, I don't see a difference, i can see the weight has dropped, obviously, because of water.

A buddy offered a glass of chocolatemilk last night after i had 7km walk, and i knew I had been eating 900 calories, and I still turned it down. I feel so guilty, but due to my heigh being 188 and weigh around 135kg, I should've respect the calories.

Help me.

OH, and while we are at it. What ways are best to lose body fat? I have been squatting a bit, and was thinking of buying some weights to support it. Is biking good? Also, I walk a lot, walk stairs, cardio etc, yeah.

I'm really confused about this. I don't know what I am doing. I actually do not miss sugary drinks, fast food etc. - water is actually fine, I just need to balance this out with my fasting. It's been 19 hours since I last ate, and I still feel kinda full after work and walking.

EDIT: Yes i have been reading the faq for this subreddit. I kinda want clarification.

submitted by /u/ThisMayBeMike
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qOIZN0

No comments:

Post a Comment