Sunday, November 11, 2018

[Vent] "You should now find a partner"

Good morning (at least in my time zone).

This isn't directly about my weight loss, I just need a place to vent and I'm sorry if this is not the appropriate sub.

Long story short: I was overweight since I was a teenager (I'm mid 30s now), started losing weight at the beginning of the year with 130kg and I'm around 73kg for more than a month now. I'm happy about my weightloss and I'm really looking forward to the results of my last checkup (they'll come in tomorrow), so that's not the issue here. What is, is a discussion I had with a neighbour yesterday. I know that I'm overthinking this, but my head spins and I want to simply write it down somewhere and try to get this out of my mind.

So I have been single for a very long time and my last relationship ended badly, due to severe differences when it comes to having children. I had an FWB for years, but that also ended badly as she started to push it towards a relationship (she knew from day one, that it's never going to happen). I'm like 95% of the time happy being a single. I gives me a lot of freedom, I have my own cozy place, a nice job and a steady income and I can do whatever I want with my free time. But there are some moments (like this morning) when I think, that waking up besides somebody who makes me smile would be a nice thing too.

But back to this discussion I had: I was just taking the trash out and an old lady started talking to me. She was asking if it's really me, as she haven't seen me for months and I look so different. We had the usual talk about my method, how long it took, the benefits and the side effects, so just the usual smalltalk. All of a sudden she started talking about meeting women. It's a bit weird to begin with: She has no idea if I have a partner and it could also be, that my interest is not only in women, but yeah, it was just some casual smalltalk. She then started saying things like "Oh, you'll now easily find a partner and start a family"... I know she said this because she wants to be nice, BUT IT FUCKING HURTS! Yes it might be absolutely true, that it's easier to attract others when you're in shape, but that's not all. My social life is shit as I have abandoned it for several years because of work(ing abroad). I'm slowly getting back into it but it's not very easy and sometimes really frustrating.

My godmother said something similar some weeks ago, she always calls my weightloss a "project" and said "Your next project should be finding a girlfriend"...

It's not directly related, it's not that easy, it's not like I'm not trying and it's none of your business... AND IT HURTS.

submitted by /u/NicoM82
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PoaThM

No comments:

Post a Comment