Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Weight loss should never be your main focus

I've had many ups and downs with weight loss including gaining everything back and starting again a few times. The times when I was the most successful were when I didn't care much about weight loss, followed the calorie deficit but didn't think too much about it.

The worst offenders were times when I was super excited about losing weight. I went to the gym every single day and wrote in a food journal every day. I spent the whole day planning my meals and what to get at the grocery store. Most of my downtime I spent being impatient to when I can to the next weight related thing. E.g. eat or prepare my super healthy foods, go to the gym, step on the scale etc. And I thought so much about the next meal I ended up giving in and eating early or more than I should. Or I was so excited about my weight loss I indulged in candy or high cal alcohol to 'celebrate'.

When I put weight loss and getting healthy on the back burner, even though that sounds like a bad idea, was when I was most successful. I spent less time planning and obsessing over my next meal. I took up doing more art, specifically drawing and sculpting. I get so into a sculpture I put off eating or forget it and I can enjoy a nice big meal at the end of the day. I fill my day with projects and things to do so I don't have the time to think about weight loss, it just happens.

submitted by /u/nettieavis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BnIEan

No comments:

Post a Comment