Wednesday, November 21, 2018

What weight lifting routine is right for me?

Hey reddit!

I've been juggling work and school while attempting to shed some pounds. A few of my work buddies started a weight loss challenge on Nov 1st. I'm 25F, 5'6", SW: 230.8 lbs, GW: 175 lbs, CW: 224.0 lbs. I have cut out soda, juice, am logging with MFP, eating more fruits and veggies, and consuming no red meat. Currently I am going to the gym with my good friend 2-3 times a week and following whatever strength training she has planned that day (she goes every day of the week). For example, yesterday we did a tri/chest day and then I added in 12 mins of sweat-inducing cardio on the elliptical while she tanned. I generally cannot do as much weight as her and don't go as often so I'm starting very small (2.5-5lb) on bench presses. I'm using her guest membership right now so we have to go together and our schedules don't always match up. While school is finishing up here, my availability for the gym is: Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun evenings just depending on she gets done at work.

I'm very weak in my arms and lower back and am trying to avoid excessive soreness in the days following a workout as to not affect my work and school flow. But once we're on Spring break, anything goes ;) any suggestions appreciated!

submitted by /u/junelove93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AdVXIm

No comments:

Post a Comment