Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The longest, slowest 5lbs I've ever lost

SW: 5"2 Female, 154 lbs

CW: 149 lbs

GW: 135 lbs

I started my journey on September 24th- made a post about wanting to go to the gym 5-6x/week and maintaining a total daily intake of 1250 calories. Someone warned me that going this intense so early would lead to less sustainable way to lose it. Well, they were right. In the last two months, I've been very honest with myself. I've tracked all my pitfalls (in terms of diet) on my LoseIt App and my workout regimen is realistically (2-3x/week). When I look back, and reflect, I realized a few things that will help on the rest of this long journey:

  1. Track all your mistakes- Yes, it sucks to see the large red bar on the app saying you've gone over your goal by ~600 calories (yes this has happened on a few different occasions), but be honest with yourself. Now I when have a look back at the app, I can see that I stayed within a fairly restrictive caloric diet 60-70% of the time- which feels good and something I can pat myself on the back for. It's also the reason that two months in, I'm still going. Because if I truly never indulged, and stuck only to 1200 calories daily, I would have quit this weight loss ordeal a month ago.
  2. You didn't put that weight on over 2 months, there's no way it's going to come off that fast- I think when I read the posts on this subreddit, and saw the large amount of weight loss people were having, I expected something similar for myself. I should have realized that a.) being in the "overweight" BMI category is the hardest to see the fastest results in-and truly takes persistence and b.)My years of overeating through undergrad and medical school was obviously going to take longer than 2 months to come off.
  3. Take a multivitamin!- Caloric-restrictive diets, as I should have realized, don't meet all the daily nutrients I should be getting. I could feel myself feeling more tired, and my hair was becoming a bit thinner- so I started taking a daily multivitamin and some calcium (as I restricted myself when it came to the amount of cereal I was previously consuming)
  4. Take some pictures- I put on the same clothes everyday, and although some things fit better, 5lbs is far too little to notice big changes in clothing. That being said, I should rejoice and feel proud of the 5lbs anyways- so I'm going to start taking some pictures.

That's all, but hopefully that helps people who are having a slow weight loss journey realize that it is still an accomplishment, and that it's not only the big numbers that warrant a post or celebration! :)

submitted by /u/dietcokeobsessed
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BoWQjt

No comments:

Post a Comment