Thursday, December 6, 2018

Down 162.5 Pounds the last 4 month and feeling great!

Hello r/loseit , yesterday I shared my story with r/progresspics and was absolutely blown away by all the support that I received from everyone. A bunch of people asked me to share my story on here as well so I will. Thanks!

Hey gang, my first post on here so I figured I would give a little backstory. I turned 30 in July and went to (was dragged to) a Bariatric seminar with my loving/caring sister. She hounded me all the time to lose weight and be more active but that’s a lot easier said than done, especially when your 764 pounds. I could hardly walk to my neighbor’s house without having serious back pain and being out of breath. Having a desk job and not moving around, on top of eating like crap and drinking 2-3 Liters of Pepsi a day clearly isn’t a recipe for success. So, I sat thru the seminar and scheduled a consultation to meet with the doctor. They measured everything (arms, neck, waist etc.) and then it was time to hop on the scale. I haven’t weighed myself in years (not like a normal bathroom scale can go that high) so I step on this giant platform and there it was on the screen staring me in the face 764 pounds…I couldn’t believe it. Obviously, I knew I was heavy, but I never in my wildest dreams imagined I was that heavy. So, after the weigh in the Dr told me straight up that they wouldn’t operate on me until I was under 500lbs (so that I could safely be put on anesthesia for the operation). Talk about a daunting task, having to lose 264 pounds BEFORE you have weight loss surgery! I was desperate for the surgery and devastated that I would have to climb such a tall mountain to have it. The Dr recommended that I start a simple diet basically eating 2000 calories and making sure that I got 100 grams of protein so that’s what I started with. I went into my backyard pool (which I haven’t been swam in for probably 8 years) and swam around for 30 minutes, took a day off then tried 40 minutes. Eventually this built up to and hour every single day. Its cold in Michigan but I swam until I had to close my pool (mid-October qualifies me for the polar bear club, right? Lol) So I moved over to the local Rec Center and started swimming in their lap pool. I currently swim 6 days a week and swim a minimum of 50 laps, but I set my record of 70 laps yesterday swimming almost 2 miles! Its been an interesting 4 months, quite life changing and I feel so much better Its unbelievable. As for that Bariatric surgery I have put that on the back burner for now, the surgery has a bad rap for being “the easy way out” but I don’t see it that way. It can be a great tool for people that need it, but what I have proven to myself these past 4 months is that I can lose weight on my own. Losing weight is not easy but it is simple. Eat right, exercise, repeat. Thanks for letting me ramble for a bit, stay tuned the best is yet to come!

A link to my pic if interested https://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics/comments/a3g04i/m3068_764lbs_6015lbs_1645lbs_off_to_a_good_start/

submitted by /u/GoBlueGriff
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2roU3AL

No comments:

Post a Comment