Friday, December 7, 2018

Feeling depressed and suicidal about my plateau.

Using my throwaway since my main account has revealing info. Sorry in advance if there's any typos; I'm posting this through my phone.

I am a 19 y/o female, 5'6, who started my weight loss journey back in March of this year. I started at 185 and my goal ever since has been to reach 135. Between March and June, I lost 30 lbs and then some, with my lowest thus far being 152 (mostly I've been 155 though).

Ever since June, I have been at a stagnant plateau. The scale would not budge even one pound down. At first I was okay with it and kept working hard, but at this point, 6 months later, I have had suicidal thoughts, I feel hopeless, and I have no more motivation. I have started seeing my old body in the mirror again. I let myself go at Thanksgiving and now I'm back at 161. I just didn't care anymore. I'm going back home from college for the holidays next week and I'm scared to death of gaining all the weight back.

For the most part I've eaten between 1200-1400 cals/day in hopes of losing 2 lbs/week. I aim to do cardio/HIIT 3-4 days a week and recently I've started lifting. I'm desperate and I'm trying everything I can. There are days where I just don't even try anymore though because I've essentially lost all hope.

I consulted with my doctor to see if she could help me at all and she said that my weight is fine and 135 is too low for me. She knows that I'm scared of developing diabetes/heart conditions (they all run in my family) and I don't want to be overweight and put myself at more of a risk. I also don't feel okay with my body, because I have a huge layer of fat around my stomach. It's the first and only thing I notice in the mirror and really has been my main motivation to lose weight.

I only take Tretinoin (a topical), so no medications that could be preventing weight loss. I typically go to sleep between 11pm-12am and I sleep for 7-8 hours/night. I also have a history of depression and anxiety.

If anyone could help with some guidance, I would greatly appreciate it. Should I just give this up? Is there something that might be going on that I don't know about?

submitted by /u/love_pendant
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PnucCU

No comments:

Post a Comment