Friday, December 7, 2018

How do you deal with the little voice?

Just starting my weight loss journey. Struggled for years with my weight. Depression hit, made things worse. Now 165kg on a 6 foot frame. regular gym goer so have a little muscle under the flab.

Biggest struggle at the moment isn't really the food. I'm managing to count calories. Currently on between 2 and 2.5k a day. Occasionally get hungry and hunger pangs (not used to them...) but managing to mentally reinterpret that as me hitting goals actually cutting calories (never really felt hungry before as a big snacker)

Thing I'm struggling with is that little voice. That voice that says "why bother, you're weak, you won't manage it, you know the research, you're not special" or when trying on old clothes "this used to be baggy on you, you should be ashamed for letting yourself get to this stage" It's obviously rather distressing and depressing having such intrusive thoughts and I'm worried about them eventually causing a bit of a dietry breakdown and reversing any good I manage for myself. I'm on antidepressants, which have helped a lot, but I'm not really sure how to manage such thoughts? Any ideas?

submitted by /u/tsoert
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2L2O1yO

No comments:

Post a Comment