Saturday, December 1, 2018

Has anyone else discovered that they are afraid of being hungry?

I’ve been trying to lose weight for just over a year and it slowed to halt about 2 months ago. I started off doing Slimming World because it seemed to fit with my lifestyle but as the weight loss slowed down I had to start looking seriously as to why I wasn’t losing when I was still on plan. I realised that it was because even though I was eating on plan and ‘healthy’ I was still eating about 2,000-2,500 calories a day.

I then took a long hard look at why this unsettled me so much and I’ve come to realise that I really hate being hungry, but not in a ‘ugh I don’t want to be hungry’ kind of way, in a ‘holy shit I better pack a ton of snacks wherever I go because what if I even feel peckish? That would be horrific’ kind of way.

So since realising how stupid that fear is I’ve started CICO and the weight has started coming off again, thank goodness. I’m nearly 50lbs down with another 50 to go. And yes, sometimes I can feel hungry but now it’s not the end of the world because I can tell myself ‘it’s okay, lunch is in an hour, just wait’.

So I guess what I want to know is, has anyone else had that realisation that they’re afraid of being hungry?

submitted by /u/earthtojem
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FVziqv

No comments:

Post a Comment