Saturday, December 1, 2018

Never give up on yourself. I went from 450lbs to 195lbs in the last 18 months, from whole pizzas to half marathons

After many failed weight loss attempts and with the stress of law school behind me, I decided to take another shot at getting healthy on June 1, 2017. At the time I weighed around 450 pounds. Now, 18 months later I have been maintaining in the 190's for the past couple of months.

Progress Photos

I started with small changes to my diet, like removing fast food, and just kept eating less and less as my weight dropped. I went from drinking soda, to low calorie lemonade, to just water. A typical day includes a breakfast sandwich or wrap, a protein shake for lunch, and then chicken and vegetables for dinner. I don't count calories but I eat things that are lower in calories and low in carbs.

When I started I would walk a lot, 2-3 hours on workdays and 5-8 hours a day on the weekends. Over the past 4 or 5 months, I transitioned from just walking to running and I ran my first half marathon on November 11.

I am now just working to maintain my weight, and after I have shoulder surgery next week, I hope to add some muscle.

submitted by /u/FreethoughtChris
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BKkN4X

No comments:

Post a Comment