Friday, December 7, 2018

How to deal with people being snide

My weight loss journey is just about to start and the small changes I’ve noticed even in these initial days has been really motivating. But how do you deal with people being innocuously mean for no reason? I’m 19, and people think it’s okay to tell me I look much older and to ask ‘what happened’. Perhaps some of this was genuine tone-deafness about not knowing how to speak to people but feeling so judged makes me lose faith in myself and why I’m working on this at all. Stuff like ‘Oh you should aim for this weight, that’s still overweight but isn’t drastic’. But why would drastic be bad if done healthily? What do people gain from holding me back, is what I don’t get and find frustrating. That’s basically it

submitted by /u/justanotherauthoress
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Uuulsb

No comments:

Post a Comment