Friday, December 7, 2018

Boredom eating is a serious problem

It's one of the most difficult battles I face throughout the weight loss war. I'm sure a lot of you guys are familiar with the situation that you face almost on a daily basis (at least for me it is definitely a daily basis). I don't think I am weak, but it does take some serious mental gymnastics to overcome the urge to eat out of boredom.

It usually starts with a voice in my head that tells me to eat. Then I stop and think, hold on, I already have eaten a healthy nutritious meal. I don't need anything I'm fine. The voice stops. But then 5 minutes later again I get the urge to eat with the voice at it again and this gets stronger and stronger as time goes on until I eat.

Some days I can handle it and brush it off like it's nothing. But then some days it's overwhelming and especially if I had a particularly bad day, my discipline wears thin and then it drives me to wanting binge and I have and probably will keep doing so.

I can only distract myself for so long so those urges and feelings of eating are suppressed. However I want to be able to be not distracted and as well, not have those urges and feelings to eat, ya know, like a normal person. I can't keep using distraction to deal with it. I want it to just go away too. Am I asking too much?

Well anyway sorry for the rant I just had to say it somewhere. I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope that one day I can be free of these voices and urges that torment me to eat.

submitted by /u/SpellbladeAluriel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2E7kK4x

No comments:

Post a Comment