Monday, December 10, 2018

Issues with meal replacement bars and gas.

I've tried to lose weight for a long time. Every since my early twenties and until my late twenties I gained weight, the reasons aren't important, but let's just say I was somewhat nihilistic and death by gluttony seemed like a fine way to go.

Reaching my max weight of 165.3kg (364.4 lbs) in 2016, I finally decided to do something about it. I tried many different things. I tried lots of different methods, but I could never really stick to them, and generally ended up overeating still, going over my calories. One method I found particularly awesome was LCHF, Because following it, I could sate my hunger, but still stay under my daily calorie allowance) but I just couldn't keep it going, too little time, too little money, etc. So, I hovered around 160kg (352.7 lbs) til around april of this year, where I finally found the way ahead, intermittent fasting, I lost quite a bit of weight doing just that. But during a check up, my doctor was very much against the method, since I am still pre-diabetic and on some medication for it and fasting for that long, regularly would not be good for my insulin/blood sugar/etc.

I lost hope for a bit, until I found a way ahead, Meal replacement bars and shakes, doing the smart choice of simply eating/drinking these from when I wake up, til around 2 pm (preferably one every 2 hours) and then a regular meal for dinner. And with that, I've managed in the span of a couple of months to hit 150kg (330 lbs), mostly because it, much like the LCHF way of eating, made it possible for me to limit my caloric intake during the day.

So, that's my backstory... here's my problem... Meal Replacement Bars recently, seems to give me terrible gas, like, not even funny amount of gas, my stomach and gut starts to gurgle and growl, loudly, around 1 pm and continues until I fall asleep, I fart, loudly, almost constantly, it's the point where I can't even keep them in if I try. Safe to say, it's not great for my social life. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have an answer for why this might be happening? Does anyone have a solution where I can still manage a weight loss?

submitted by /u/The-red-Dane
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ROuIfp

No comments:

Post a Comment