Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Ive been trying to lose weight my whole life but never succeeded. Thoughts?

I've been fat my entire life (around 30bmi since middle school). I've never managed to get to a healthy weight, even though weight loss has been my one overriding goal for more than 20 years.

I can't think of one day of my life where if I was granted one wish I wouldn't have used it to lose weight. I just can't seem to get any control over it.

I'm currently at bmi 32, and every day I start over and recommit to losing weight. I wrestle with all the thoughts in my head that tell me I'm gross and no one wants me there, and I go to the gym anyway (I always go 4-5 days a week). It's exhausting.

I don't keep any junk food in the house, and if I do it's stuff my kids/husband like but I don't, like fruit snacks or ramen noodles. I cook almost every meal at home. I read book after book on weight loss, will power, and habit formation. I eat off small plates. I get 8 hours sleep. I've tried keto, I've tried IF, I've tried behaviour modification therapy. I've tried medifast, I've weight watchers (4 times). I spent November doing Whole 30 and managed to gain 5 pounds.

I'm at a complete loss about what to try next. I understand I need to eat less I just can't fucking seem to be able to do it. I always start the day counting calories with a great attitude and it always falls off the rails. But never in the same way twice, it seems. There's no particular pattern in the way I fail.

I can't figure it out. Am I just broken?

submitted by /u/MandyAlice
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ril60F

No comments:

Post a Comment