Saturday, December 8, 2018

I’ve gained 20 lbs since I quit smoking 5 months ago. I’ve joined the gym, but need your help with suggestions.

I’m in my mid-30’s and I’ve finally kicked the habit of smoking more than half a pack a day. I’ve been smoke free since July, but have managed to gain roughly 20 lbs. I’m obviously not happy about this.

My entire adult life, I’ve been what I believe is a healthy 170-173 lbs, 5’11. I’m currently sitting at 193 lbs.

So a couple of weeks ago I decided to join the gym. I’ve been going 5-6 days a week and focusing mainly on cardio to get my lungs back to where I feel they should be. I’ve mainly been on the elliptical for 65 minutes a day, burning somewhere between 725-775 calories each time.

I want to loose 2+ lbs a week.... I’m committed to this. My question though: if I eat well and work out at this same rate, is 2 lbs of weight loss per week realistic. ANY tips, suggestions, encouragement and/or related stories would be GREATLY appreciated!!

submitted by /u/SquiggleTitts
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2rrEbNX

No comments:

Post a Comment