Saturday, December 8, 2018

Does your weight distribution change over time?

This may be a silly question, but it has been bothering me. I am 26F and have been losing weight in the last five months.

Long story short, I was heavy in my mid teens (up to 190 at 16), lost a ton of weight in my late teens (down to 110-115 by 18-19) and then gradually gained up to 250 through college and after graduation.

I'm now at just above what was once my heaviest weight when I was a teenager (198lbs), yet the way that weight is distributed on my body is **completely** different. I'm two to three sizes smaller than I was then and just look much slimmer than I ever did as a teen. When I was at my heaviest as a teen, I had a decidedly round midsection - now, while my stomach is not toned and I still have a little pooch, it is much much flatter than it ever was at that age. My thighs look slimmer. I have not gained any height during this time. Looking in myself in the mirror, I can't imagine how I could possibly lose another 80 pounds to get back to the size I was at 18 - the weight just doesn't appear to be to my on my body.

Have other women ever noticed this? Is it just increased muscle mass or can our bodies actually change our weight distribution? Much of my weight loss has been the result of low calorie intake and I have not been regularly exercising in the past six-eight months, so I don't believe that I have been losing fat and replacing it with muscle or anything over this time.

submitted by /u/Volgistical
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PuCado

No comments:

Post a Comment