Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Losing 40 pounds as a college senior — a thank you!

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for being the best subreddit on this website. I made a post back in August about questions I had with weight loss and all of you were extremely helpful. Even when I did not post or comment, the dialogue here has been motivational and helpful as always.

Started at 275 in July, and I’ve been counting calories, watching what I eat, and eating at the right times ever since. Today, I weighed in at 235 and feel phenomenal (rugby player, 6’1”). I would like to extend help to all of those in college who struggle with weight loss because it is not easy here!

The Lose It app has been everything I needed. Everytime you finish your day of logging, it gives you a “streak” counter. I created a folder in my phone of screenshots of this and now I have hundreds of streaks that is motivational enough. This was huge for sticking to my diet.

Eating the right foods is the tricky part. I work a few times a week, play a college sport, and taking 16 credits — not much time to cook every night! There are times where all I have to eat is Campbell’s soup. That is not the best thing to have in a diet (not filling, high in sodium). Eating a balanced breakfast and lunch would allow me to wait the longest possible time to have dinner (9:00). Eggs, turkey bacon, and whole wheat toast for breakfast. Salad from the dining hall which contains chicken, minimal to no cheese, and plenty of vegetables for lunch. And dinner would leave me with ~700-850 calories. That is typically frozen vegetables with chicken, or a can of Campbell’s soup with a small snack later.

Point being, your diet does not need to be perfect to lose weight. There are many people on here who have phenomenal diets and I am not one of those people. What worked for me was being strict to my calorie limits, making sure I had enough protein, limited my fats, and stayed disciplined. I lost the majority of my weight from September to December because I was consistent.

I went from somebody who was constantly embarrassed with his body, to someone who is excited to continue his progress. This improved my grades, my interpersonal relationships, and my own mental health! For those who are struggling... you can do it! If it touches your lips, count those fucking calories, baby.

If anyone has any questions about good quick meals to eat on a college budget, I have a ton to share!

Thank you again everyone! You all were more than helpful.

submitted by /u/Jacob_bocaJ
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2E2X9Sw

No comments:

Post a Comment