Sunday, December 2, 2018

Need advice on optimizing weight loss

From 124.9 kg last October to currently 119.9 kg. I'm a 5'5 male. Primary goal is to reach 100kg. Secondary goal is to build muscle.

I've started going on a diet regimen of 1500 kcals per day since October. However, i find myself craving for a burger or fried chicken at least once a week. Not to mention I have an iced sweet latte plus a snack almost daily (I cannot tolerate black coffee). So my caloric intake would probably be around 2000 to 2300 daily.

My basal metabolic rate is around 1800 as measured by the machine in the gym. I walk to and fro work (approx a 1.5km x2 walk) at a regular pace, full-body workout at least once a week (that's only what my busy schedule allows).

1x a week 2-hr full body workout involves: 1. 30 mins treadmill 2. 3 sets of 10 (last set with 1 weight grade up on the machine) -Bicep curls -Tricep extensions -Leg presses -Lateral pulldowns -Rows -Chest presses -Pectoral flies -Leg extensions -Leg flexions -Sit-ups 3. 15-30 mins cross-trainer

Back to the diet, I've read recently about IF (16:8) such that you can eat ad libitum yet still lose weight. I am still on the diet regimen of 1500 kcals+extras but I am wondering would IF be a solution to solve my cravings yet still lose weight (faster)?

I'm asking this question as I am on my 5th day of trying IF. I find it easy to do and I think I can maintain it long-term. It adjusts well to social functions which would usually involve eating; my sleep schedule is also quite irregular as my work schedule is not definite as well. This means sometimes I go 18:6 or even 20:4 IF since 16 should be the minimum hour, so I've read.

Any tips and things to change on my exercise and diet to optimize my weight loss would be appreciated. Thank you!

submitted by /u/bpseudoubo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2So0Yph

No comments:

Post a Comment