Thursday, December 6, 2018

Need a bit of advice on weight lifting after meeting my weight loss goal

So I've recently reached my goal weight of 175 lbs. I'm 24, 6'0 and male. Ive lost 99 lbs since I started at 274 about two years ago.

I've been going to the gym occasionally the last few months, but I'm ready to start going 4 or 5 times a week.

Since the beginning of the year I've done keto and intermittent fasting together, as well as eating around 2000ish calories a day.

My main goal is to go from skinny fat to having some noticeable muscle. I recently heard a podcast where the guy was saying you should up your carbs a lot more while trying to gain muscle. Along with more protein of course.

So I'm thinking about stopping keto and intermittent fasting so I can start having breakfast lunch and dinner. I will definitely keep a lof of my calories and macros though to make sure I know where I'm at.

My main questions are am I fine to just stop keto and IF and start lifting a lot more? Anything I should do differently or any advice? Sorry I'm just really new to lifting and want to do this right.

submitted by /u/BeatTheBoomoo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QiIM3K

No comments:

Post a Comment