Saturday, December 8, 2018

NSV: My goal was to run 5k by Christmas. Today, I achieved that goal and ran 5k for the first time in my entire life.

Hey all, I haven't been super active on this sub but I'm definitely a lurker. Back in September when I started my weight loss journey, I also started C25K (Couch to 5k), which for those who don't know is a program designed to get even the laziest of couch potatoes (me) up to jogging for 30 minutes straight in just 8 weeks.

I had to take about 10 days off due to knee pain early on, and had to repeat weeks 3 and 4... but today, I finished Week 8 Day 2, and just kept on going. After 86 days since Week 1 Day 1, I ran 5k in 42:32. To be fair, it is an abysmally slow time... but, I've never run for any amount of time since high school like 16 years ago. The program is tough, but it's not so tough that you get completely discouraged. I never knew I had it in me, and I'm SO THRILLED I even cried a little in my car after I left the gym!

I can't wait for Spring (it was 10 degrees when I left this morning) so I can start running outdoors! Now that I know I can do it, I'm going to start jogging 30 minutes two or three times a week, and at least one day go for 5k and work on improving my time.

I still can't believe it!!

submitted by /u/BurberryCustardbath
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2rtdTuW

No comments:

Post a Comment