Thursday, December 6, 2018

Somebody pointed out my weightloss!!!

I have steadily been losing weight and beating my binge eating disorder over the course of 2018. It has been a very private journey for myself and a lot of my progress is not shown on my body, but rather in my mind. Because of this, most of my milestones have been celebrated privately (not binging, re-learning hunger cues, eating smaller portions, not eating at night etc.....where my binge eaters at?? Y'all know!!).

It's been about 8 months of hard mental work and daily challenges, on top of that I am a student in a stressful school program fighting my urges that are often aggravated by stress. I would say in the past month despite my consistent fight, I have J U S T started to see the weight I put on from my BED come off.

It all sort of happened at once, I began losing weight (12lbs total now, I'm at the lowest I've been in probably 3 years!), my appetite is 'normal' and I eat to satisfy my REAL hunger cues, I don't think as obsessively about food or have crazy cravings, I don't restrict in the same way as before (in weight loss there is always an aspect of restriction), and my clothes are loosening up. One of the biggest things I noticed was my digestive system improving due to the fact that it is just working less these days! I don't get bloated after eating every small thing!

I battled BED for 3 years and it was the worst time of my life. I lived every single day in misery, I would cry in my bed at night after every binge. I don't want to ramble on too much but the fact that someone acknowledged my hard work is definitely a milestone in my books and I wanted to tell someone.

submitted by /u/wannabeelvirahancock
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RFuWW1

No comments:

Post a Comment