Tuesday, January 15, 2019

How do you maintain a diet without slipping into disordered eating?

TW: disordered eating mention

Hey guys. I’m a semi-frequent poster here on my main account, but a lot of my IRL friends follow that account and I don’t want them to be concerned by this post, so I’m using a side account.

I’ve been on the weight loss track for about 5-6 months now, and I’ve lost almost 35 pounds and I’m nearing my goal weight (only 1 lb off from a health BMI! Wooh).

Unfortunately though a good portion of this weight loss has not come from normal dieting. I have lost a few lbs from sticking to 1000-1200 calories a day but after a few days of trying that, every time I slip into very disordered eating, usually only having a small latte (~300 calories) a day and maybe a small protein bar (140 calories) on days when I have an important assignment coming up. This is on top of light exercise ~2 days a week.

Obviously this gets hard to maintain once I start losing energy and I end up breaking my diet and just eating normally. Thankful I’ve never gained weight off diet since I just seem to maintain but it’s very frustrating to go back and forth and I wish I could just stick to a normal healthy diet. Even though I know it’s “unhealthy”, I don’t feel like I’m starving or even get hungry really when I’m taking in very few calories, so when I’m on that diet it’s hard to justify stopping.

How do you guys stick to calorie counting without slipping into disordered eating?

Ps I couldn’t find the content rules for this in the sub rules, but I’m not trying to encourage disordered eating or anything and I’d really like to stop.

submitted by /u/bitchbeauty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2QRb3tF

No comments:

Post a Comment