Friday, January 18, 2019

I had a craving I couldn't shake so I gave in, and I feel amazing

Female. 5'6". SW: 362lbs CW: 358lbs GW: 130lbs.

My Journey began November 17th, 2017. I quit smoking and drinking (4+ times a week, one pack a week). However, I replaced both with more bad habits - soda and chips. I went from post pregnancy 240lbs to 360lbs. That's a lot. I could feel it in my knees and my back. My legs began to swell from the sudden weight gain.

Now I had a craving. It started on Thursday, January 10th, 2019. I didn't know what I wanted, but my body was wanting something. Usually I wanted soda or chips, but for some reason I didn't want them. I didn't want chocolate; it's been 3 weeks since my last chocolate/candy indulgence. I couldn't quite put my finger on this craving and got antsy.

Then my SO suggested a casual walk (he is supportive of my weight loss journey). I took him up on his offer. I thought I'd be huffing and puffing, but once I started sweating I felt a huge surge of energy. I never felt this good and in such a long time. Ever feel like your body wanted something so bad and instantly relaxed once it got it? That's how I felt! My SO also bought me a water bottle in September 2018, and I finally broke it in. I finished the entire thing and I felt so satisfied. The water was delicious and refreshing. All of a sudden I'm downloading MFP and a step counter.

Ever since last Thursday I haven't felt the urge to have soda, chips or any junk food for that matter. I'm sleeping better since I'm slowly reducing my caffiene intake from 3 cups a day to 1 cup a day; and reducing the amount of sugar I put in said cup o' joe. My associations with food isn't healthy, but I plan to stop by the book store and read up on portions, calorie counting and healthier recipes.

8 days later and I'm down 4lbs. I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I feel so good. I can't wait to see what I feel like in the future. Especially now that I bought my daughter and myself a couple of swimming passes!

Wish me luck!

submitted by /u/MsJubilant
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RFKmOd

No comments:

Post a Comment