Tuesday, January 22, 2019

I lost 4 lb in a week. Should I keep going or slow down?

Ok so let me just say this before I begin: I know NOTHING about weight loss so any advice is seriously welcome.

I am at a point in my life where I just absolutely hate myself and want to change. I'm 20 in March and I weigh 270 pounds, my BMI is 31.6% and I have I have done nothing most of my life so my muscles are basically non existent. I'm classed as obese.

So last week I decided enough was enough and it was time I did something. I dont really care about having really good muscles or anything, I just want to lose some of my fat so I dont look in the mirror with disgust and maybe after that I'll focus on working my muscles. I have hardly any money to go to the gym so I've decided to walk every day except Saturday and Sunday. I aim to walk between 2 and 5 miles a day and cut down on what I eat (I haven't changed what I eat though). So far I have walked roughly between 18-20 miles in the past 9 days (2 of those days I walked 5 miles each). I'm using the Samsung Health app and I set myself a goal of losing 10 pounds in 11 weeks (the app recommended 11 weeks)

I weighed myself this morning and I now weigh 266 pounds, which might not be impressive to most people but it was a shock to me that I lost 4 pounds in a week when I was aiming for 10 pounds in 11 weeks.

So this is my question: is what I'm doing healthy? Should I slow down? I want to keep doing this but I dont want any health problems that might be caused by this. But as far as I'm concerned, my obesity is already a health problem I want to get rid of.

submitted by /u/BlooseGoose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Mn76wr

No comments:

Post a Comment