Tuesday, January 22, 2019

I'm going to be a Maid of Honor soon (small rant?)

I've been doing Keto/IF for the past three weeks and I'm loving it so far, but it's taken me a few tries to learn how to stay within and/or reach my macros with the meals I'm making.

I'm at 260 lbs, and 5'1, so I'm verrry far away from my goal weight, and I've accepted that it will take over a year to reach it.

I just found out one of my best friends got engaged, and she's also asked me to be the maid of honor. I couldn't be happier for her nor more excited to be a part of their day.

I'm just having a small anxiety attack because I know I won't be at my goal weight by then, and I don't know how far along I might be by the time they actually have the wedding. I'm hoping to break 200 by September, but I don't know how realistic that is. I've got some serious resolve, and while I've faltered in small ways, I've been doing better on this WOE than any other method I've tried.

I guess I'm just starting to feel like my goals are way too far away, and I'm having anxiety about not being able to get all of this extra weight off of me in time for this wedding. I also hate that I knew she was going to ask and instead of initially being delighted, I was devastated because all I could see was my fat rolls coming out of a dress and feeling disgusted with myself in front of everyone.

I'm really kicking myself for not starting sooner, and I don't know how to talk myself down. I've already decided to start going to the gym sooner than I planned, since I wanted to lose at least 20lbs before incorporating exercise. I want to keep doing this as healthily as I can, but I'm worried I'll start getting obsessed with trying to lose weight faster instead of really adapting to this as a new lifestyle.

I just need help or advice or even just to know how anyone else has dealt with a similar situation during or before their weight loss journey. I'm honestly at a loss and really disappointed in myself.

submitted by /u/unpinchetorta
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DsBUc9

No comments:

Post a Comment