Thursday, January 17, 2019

NSV/SV... Didn't expect to have lost weight!

So like most here I've intermittently been trying to get healthier and lose the extra weight I've been carrying for years. My biggest issue is binging. I will eat mass amounts in secret from my friends, family and SO. I made a vow in the fall to "change" (really the only person holding me accountable is me, since my peers don't know how much I really binge) and that I would only weigh myself once a month. In the past when I've gotten motivated enough to make real changes, weighing myself daily/a few times a week has led to disordered eating patterns. Which then leads to rapid weight loss and a yo-yo back to being heavier than I was before since its not sustainable.

At the beginning in October I weighed myself for a starting point, cause I really wasn't sure how much I weighed. I was 180, which at that time was the biggest I've ever been. Now, as always I didn't actually make the changes, and just before Christmas weighed myself again. I was 183. I broke down to my SO and admitted everything. How I binge in secret, and all my bad habits that have gotten me here (we live together now, as of the fall so it was getting much harder to hide my eating habits from him, and I was feeling very guilty about it which led to the break down). He has always been very, very supportive and said that its time I make a change for good and that he would also come on the journey with me. He definitely doesn't need to, hes a very fit 6'2 190lb man. But he said he would for me. This time no extreme restricting, no crazy diets or anything like that, just reducing portion sizes and getting my binging under control. We decided to do a 90 day challenge, where we only eat out once a week, limit portion sizes and only drink alcohol on the weekends. Those are really the only "rules". We also get one cheat meal a week which we will do together, not me alone.

We started the challenge on January 7. Since then I haven't had any secret binges, and I have kept it clean and portion sizes way smaller than in the past (NSV for me as I would usually binge at least 2 times a week). I feel hungry all the time, but I am trying to focus on the fact that it is a part of the process, and that my body will adjust. I haven't weighed myself because I am trying to focus this time on feeling stronger, and basing change off the way my clothes are fitting. I went to the doctor yesterday to refill my birth control prescription, and they said they needed to update my weight and blood pressure. I obliged as I had no option, although I didn't want to get on that scale. It was in kg's, so I had no idea what it meant in lbs. After sitting in the private room for a few minutes I did the conversion. I was 172.3!!! Now I doubt this all came off since January 7, as I was trying to eat healthier starting new years day, but didn't make a resolution. But either way it is nice to finally see some progress after ~5 years of being unhappy, and I am feeling great and motivated to continue on the road to a healthier, happier me!

This sub gives me so much motivation, hearing all your stories and progress makes me want to stick with it this time. Hopefully we can all get there together!

submitted by /u/mtndreaming
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Ry8S3G

No comments:

Post a Comment