Saturday, February 16, 2019

Help/Tips for someone who really wants to change but has no idea where to even start?

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this. A quick little backstory about my journey with my weight:

I fell ill with an extremely rare and very painful autoimmune disease at the age of 16. Before then I was always active, fit, energetic, and just generally way happier. I was put on bed rest at age 16 when i first fell ill for 11 months. My family doctor just didn't know what else to do to help me. During this time i gained about 70 pounds and was(still am) in chronic pain. As the years progressed my autoimmune symptoms get worse and eventually i have changed my life style into one of little movement and bad, but quick, foods. I have gained a total of 130 pounds in 4 years.

Nothing much has changed except the reality of my unhealthy lifestyle. I realise that I need to change, pain or not, and that if I don't I risk harming my future self even more. I am especially scared of heart disease and diabetes since both sides of my family are rampant with them.

The problem is I have no idea where to even start. I have been living a life of depression and pain for 4 (almost 5) years and have completely lost my way. Gyms are very expensive in my city as well and I live in Northern Canada so we have cold weather & snow from Oct-April.

So, dear redditors, what are your suggestions for diet and exercise? What apps are good for helping keep on track? What can I do to start and what are some tips? What things have worked for you?

Also, any tips on loose skin during weight loss and best way to help it would be really appreciated.

I am currently 5'11 (180cm) and 285 pounds. I don't have a weight goal as it always makes me feel like I wont be able to reach it.. If i were to make one Id like to hit 200 pounds and then go from there.

Thank you again and sorry for such a long read.

submitted by /u/princessconundrum
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2TTiLWv

No comments:

Post a Comment