Friday, December 13, 2019

Annoying weight loss plateau

My sedentary TDEE is about 1700, but I usually walk around quite a bit. With a daily deficit of 500kcal I have been reliably losing 1 lb a week more or less.

Last week I went on a work trip in a large European city and due to several errands I had to walk around A LOT. Easily 5+ miles a day, often at fast pace. I was quite stressed out and often wasn't really hungry/had no time to eat proper meals, so I ended up eating even more than usual. I tracked my calories as always (I never ate out, by the way - always bought food at the grocery store) and with the increased exercise I had a daily deficit often close to 1000 kcal. I know it's not healthy, but for these few days I found it sustainable as I wasn't really hungry. So now, based on my calculation, I should have lost a full 2 lbs this week. Yet today I weighed myself and I am at the exact same weight I was one week ago before leaving.

Can the increased exercise create water retention? Should I expect this water weight to suddenly come off in the next few days, provided I stick with my usual diet? It's the only explanation I can give myself, I am convinced I did nothing "wrong".

submitted by /u/strassgaten
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38tEImZ

No comments:

Post a Comment