Thursday, December 5, 2019

Chronic illness and weight loss advice

Hi all, long time lurker etcetc. I'm female, 5'10, and about 270lbs last time I weighed myself. I have M.E./CFS, bipolar, and I work night shifts. I have found it increasingly difficult to get into a routine for the gym. I figured the best way for me to get into the gym is in the mornings on my way home from work, but after a shift I'm so tired and just not in the mood. I find it very hard to go at any other time of the day because I have to get out of bed, get changed, get in the car, drive, etc. For me that's a big expense of energy. The gym is on my way home from work so it's not as much of a problem to pop in after work. I've tried working out at home but I prefer the machines at the gym and I feel more productive when I've been.

If there's anyone out there with chronic illness or mental illness, how do you motivate yourself? How do you work in gym time to your routine?

I managed to go to the gym this morning for the first time in weeks so I'm pretty proud of that. I'm going to take advantage of my bipolar and induce hypermania where I can and be excited about the gym.

submitted by /u/Ruby091
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OUYBM3

No comments:

Post a Comment