Tuesday, December 10, 2019

[NSV] My dog's waist leash fell off!

I've been griping over the fact that I've barely dropped weight since late September. I was just over 160lbs when I moved from a place with unhealthy roommates (those bad habits are contagious) back into my own place where I have been eating a very healthy diet. Now I'm only just under 160 (157 last weigh in). I was getting down on myself over the lack over progress.... However!

I was out running with my dog this weekend and the waist leash fell off of me! Right over my butt and thighs where I hold all my weight. On top of that, I've now got visible abs, which as a female who has had four kids, is not easy. My goal weight is still almost 10lbs away, and I've definitely still got body fat to spare, but these little things are a huge boost to the confidence after feeling like I was trudging through mud all fall.

I'm 5'11" for reference, and I hit the gym hard. Run 5-6 hours per week, lift 3 hours, cross train another 2-3 hours. These aren't for weight loss, but because I am focusing on improving as an athlete. Losing body fat (and weight) is a goal to boost performance in my sport. I don't count calories due to a history with an eating disorder. Always have that fear I might get overly focused and create issues where there are currently no issues. This means progress is very slow, and this little victory really cheered me up

submitted by /u/trail_lover
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/347gcVa

No comments:

Post a Comment