Wednesday, December 11, 2019

What are your "bad" reasons for weight loss?

Hi all!

We all have lots of great reasons to lose weight, right? We want to be healthier, feel better in our skin, manage health conditions (mental and physical), etc. But if you're anything like me, in the back of your brain, you've got the "not so good" reasons to want to lose the weight. I'm of the opinion that motivation is motivation no matter where it comes from, but recently I was confronted with the amount of my motivation that was coming from a somewhat unhealthy place. So, I'd love to hear your "questionable" motivations to lose weight (in part to make myself feel better and in part because I love hearing about other peoples' journeys)!

Here is mine:

I started getting serious about losing weight about a year ago but it's always been on my mind (literally; the first time I told my mom I was fat I was about 5 or 6 years old). I'd been talking to a close friend of mine about it for a while and he was incredibly supportive, especially since I started getting serious about it. Last winter, he and I had something of a falling out and I think I was fueled by "I want to prove to him I'm better than this and I'm able to do this" since I thought we might reconnect eventually. We did reconnect this summer and started seeing each other this fall, at which point I think it transitioned to "I want him to see my success (and my new body)" and I definitely fed off of his encouragement. We broke up about a week ago and now that I know he won't see the results, I've lost a lot of motivation (between that and finals, I completely fell off the wagon). Of course, I still have my "good" reasons and I've gotten back to my routine now, but I didn't realize how much of my motivation was due to that. Looking forward to hearing yours!

submitted by /u/EacHjgEt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36pHveT

No comments:

Post a Comment